KUALA LUMPUR: Selangor, Putrajaya, Kuala Lumpur and Sabah will be placed under the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) following the nationwide spike in Covid-19 cases following last month’s Sabah state election.
Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said the CMCO in Sabah takes effect from midnight today (12.01am, Oct 13) until Oct 26.
The CMCO in Selangor, Putrajaya and Kuala Lumpur will begin at 12.01am on Oct 14 until Oct 27, he said.
“This (decision) was made based on advice by the Health Ministry and also considering the continuous increase in the number of Covid-19 cases in areas such as Klang, Petaling and Gombak as well as other districts.
“To stop the chain of infection, the National Security Council (NSC) meeting today agreed to place Selangor, Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya under CMCO starting at 12.01am on Oct 14 (Wednesday) until Oct 27,” he said in a live telecast today.
Nevertheless, Ismail said all economic activities at the four places are allowed to operate as usual but with certain strict standard operating procedures (SOPs) which will be announced by the NSC soon.
- Wedding Receptions
- Sports or Recreational
- Social and Cultural Activities
- Night Club
- Inter-district travel will be barred
- Workers need to shoe their work pass or consent letter from employers
- Only two(2) persons from household will be allowed to go out and buy essentials
- All schools, higher learning institutions, skills training institutes, kindergartens, nurseries, Tahfiz centres, public parks and recreational parks will close
- All mosques and non-Muslim houses of worship also closed
More strict standard operating procedures (SOPs) which will be announced by the NSC soon.